What is Phynd?
Phynd, is a new data-management system that houses profiles information for CUIMC. It replaced our legacy profile system called CUPS. It is used to manage the profile information displayed on the ColumbiaDoctors website, and all CUIMC websites managed by Web Services, as well as the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital website. Having a Phynd profile can be vital to your providers and department. Phynd is a 3rd party tool that can feed information into your website. Provider pages on your website can pull information from Phynd, making a seamless interface. Phynd is designed to house all profile information about CUMC faculty, including both clinical and research information. If information is updated in Phynd, it will be automatically updated on your website. Websites taking advantage of Phynd allow patients and referrers to easily find your online profile, by improving search engines’ ability to identify information.
To request a new clinical profile or to make an update to existing clinical profile, please email email@example.com. ColumbiaDoctors will only create profiles for clinicians and clinicians with research segments.
To request new profiles or updates to profiles for researchers, teaching faculty, or other staff members, please contact your department administrator to approve your request. Your department administrator will contact the appropriate web site liaison, who will in turn enter the request for the web team through Jira.
Required Information for New Profiles
To create a Phynd profile the following fields are required:
- First Name
- Middle Name or Initial (If applicable)
- Last Name
- Name Suffix (If applicable; Example: Junior)
- Professional Suffix (Example: MD, PhD)
- Gender (Male/Female)
- Do they need a research profile?
- Do they have publications?
- Do they have a profile on RecruitMe?
Who May Edit Profiles?
Currently, only trained administrators may edit physician profiles.
- To obtain administrator access for clinical profiles, the departmental administrator should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and UNI for the administrator.
Headshots in Phynd can only be updated by the FPO or Web Services
- For headshots updates to clinical profiles, email your headshot to email@example.com for placement on your profile.
- For headshot updates to non-clinical profiles, your administrator must submit a service request through Jira.
Phynd requires high-quality digital images meeting the following requirements:
- The minimum photo size required is 420px wide x 630px tall (1 to 1.5 ratio) at 72dpi (We recommend 800px by 1200px or larger)
- Profile photos should not be re-sized and should be un-cropped in their original format (preferably jpg)
- Profile photos should be clear, not blurry, have no special effects (Gradients, fades or borders) and have plenty of room around their face for cropping if necessary
If you would like to request a professional headshot, please contact the CUIMC Video Studio through the CUIMC Office of Communications.
Academic titles in Phynd can only be updated by the FPO or Web Services. Only titles that have been processed into Columbia’s systems and are noted in the Columbia directory will be updated.
- For academic titles updates to clinical profiles, email your headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org for placement on your profile.
- For academic titles updates to non-clinical profiles, your administrator must submit a service request through Jira.
Any title updates required for the directory will need to be requested to Faculty Affairs:
- April Armstrong-Studivant
Director, Faculty Affairs, CMC FACD Fac Affairs
Please email us and we’ll be happy to assist you.