Adding Google My Maps
Google My Maps is a great way to display locations, customized pins, and additional information on your site.
- Should only be multiple locations on one map
- For a single location, use Google Maps with the Contact Information Structured Content type.
This section will go over the necessary steps to embed a Google My Map within a page using structured content.
- First, you will need to create your map in Google My Maps. For more information on Google My Maps, check out these videos:
- Once you've created your custom map, you will need to copy the embed code for use in step 9.
- Next, you will need to go to the page where you would like to add a Google map.
- Then on the body tab, locate Structured Content section just below the body field.
- Click on the Content Item type drop-down menu.
- Select Map and click the Add New Content Item button.
- Once selected, a new Map section should be visible under Structured Content with the following fields:
- Map Embed *Required
- Using the embed from Google My Maps in step 2, paste the code into the Map Embed field.
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1hPyfKgr7o9wsyWBAcc7A60OusN0" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
- Click save at the bottom left corner of the page and your custom Google My Map will be displayed.