Uploading New Files
The CUIMC Distribution allows you to upload certain file types for use on your site. Below you'll find information on any restrictions that apply and how to upload files.
File Format Restrictions
The distribution only allows for the following file formats to be uploaded:
- .jpg or .jpeg
Unfortunately, due to security risks, all Microsoft Office file formats are prohibited, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, .dotx)
- Excel (.xml, .xlsx, .xls, .xlm, .xltm)
- PowerPoint (.pptx, .pps)
Alternate Options for Other File Format Types
If you need to upload one of the file formats that are not approved for uploading, you do have a couple of alternative options:
- Put the content directly on your site (recommended)
- Print the file or save the file as a PDF
- PDFs can be uploaded, so once in that format, you can upload it.
- Save the file on Office 365 using SharePoint or OneDrive (Requires UNI Login)
- Office 365 has great integration with office products and their associated file types. It also allows you to share and even edit files directly in SharePoint or OneDrive. Plus, it's HIPAA compliant. For more information on setting up or using Office 365, SharePoint, or OneDrive; please visit CUIMC IT's knowledgebase pages:
File Size Restrictions
Only files below 3MB are allowed to be uploaded by distribution users. If it is over the 3MB file size limit, please contact Web Services and we may be able to upload it for you as long as it has been optimized for accessibility.
Uploading a File
To upload a file or PDF, go to Content in the admin menu. Click on the tab for Files and select +Add file.
*Make sure your files are 3mb or less.
Once you have uploaded your file, if you would like to link to it, please follow our "Creating a Text Link" section on our Links user guide.
If you have made adjustments to your file or PDF and don't want to have to update all of your links, we would suggest editing the file through the Distribution and replace the old file with the new one. For more information on how to do this, please visit our Updating Files page