Managing the Navigation Using Menus
In the Distribution your navigation is made up of menu links in a menu. A menu link provides a link in the navigation that allows visitors to navigate to a specific page or content item. When you create an item and add it to a menu via the page settings, Drupal automatically creates a menu link for you. You can then manage where all the menu items are displayed in your navigation by going to the Menus section of theStructure administration area through the Drupal Admin bar.
Managing Menu Links
If you want to manage menu links, follow these steps:
- Click on the Structure tab in the Drupal Admin Bar.
- Then, click on Menus.
- Then, click on list links on the right side of the menu that you want to manage. In most cases, this will be the Main Menu.
- Once clicked, you'll be able to see all the links added to your menu organized by the parent.
- Next, you can use the Show children links, to expand the navigation structure and find links you want to move.
- To move a link, use the hamburger looking icon to the left of the link title, and click and drag the item to the desired location.
- Once moved, you'll notice an orange asterisk will appear to the right of the link title confirming there was a change.
- To save your changes, you'll need to click the Save configuration link at the bottom left corner.
- Once saved, you should now see the menu reflecting the changes you just made.
Disabling a Menu Link
If you need to keep a page published, but want to remove it from a menu so that it can only be accessed from a direct link to the URL, then follow these steps:
- Using the Managing Multiple Menu Links instructions above, navigate to the menu that has the link you want to disable. In most cases, this will be the Main Menu.
- Using the Show children links, expand the navigation structure to find the link you want to disable.
- Once found, locate the Enabled column on the right side and uncheck the box for the link you want to disable.
- Once unchecked, click the Save configuration link at the bottom left corner.
- Once saved, you will notice now that to the right of any applicable menu item, you'll see (disabled).